- Daily Summary report: Introduction
- View the daily summary report
- Modify the report template
|Report rule||Reports > Daily Summary|
Daily Summary report: Introduction
- The daily summary report gives you an overall picture of how and where your vehicle is driven each day.
- The details of a daily vehicle routine can be categorized based on different activities.
- Each column/field in the report presents you with up-to-the-moment details on your vehicle’s daily activities.
In this article, you will learn;
- How to view a summary report of all your fleet’s activities from the past day.
- How to customize a predefined report template.
What value does a daily vehicle summary report provide?
The daily vehicle summary report allows you to keep a track of all the routine activities performed by your vehicles.
The information in this report analysed and interpreted correctly will enable you to identify areas where changes need to be made that could result in cost-savings.
This report helps you with;
- Information on first and last active time.
- Information on total active hours.
- Total moving hours.
- Details on fuel consumed by your vehicles.
- How to customize a predefined daily summary report template.
- Moving or idling time during business and no business hours.
View the daily summary report
1. Click to view the summary report:
Navigate to https://app.avlview.com/#/vehicle/report and click ‘View report’ displayed next to Daily Summary.
2. Filter the data by date; or by vehicle type:
You can filter the report by date or vehicle type. To see where each driver was at a specific time (you must enable this feature), toggle on “Spatial View.”
3. Download the report in PDF/Excel
When you are done, click ‘Apply filters’ and save the report in either PDF or Excel format.
Modify the report template
A report can be modified by clicking the ‘Edit’ option shown next to ‘Daily Summary’ on the left top corner of the window.
1. Rename the report (Optional)
You can rename the report, choose a category for it, and view it in either tabular or chart format.
2. Define rules:
Select the fields to be included in your report, as well as any common and consolidated field groups.
3. Configure spatial view
Click Next, then enable the Spatial View Mode and relevant fields.
4. Apply conditions/filters
5. Summarise & sort the data
The next step is to summarize and sort your data by adding fields, sorting as needed.
6. Preview and publish
When you are satisfied with the report, move to the next step and publish it. If necessary, review your work before publishing it for others to see.
Congrats! You have just finished modifying the daily vehicle summary report.
To ensure that your daily fleet operations are running smoothly, the quickest and most effective tactic is to have a report that gives you updated information, the daily summary report is one among them. This report will keep you or your boss informed about the status of each vehicle without having to call and talk with the drivers every day.
Keep in mind that unnoticed vehicle activities can negatively impact the daily operations of your business and result in huge losses. Analyse summary reports to identify patterns that lead to unnecessary losses in your fleet operation. From this time forth, your company will no longer see huge losses stemming from your fleet operation.